Members of the Pandoteira project team from Terra Cypria visited the village of Anogyra on July 22, 2022.
The purpose of the visit was to inform the members of the local community – as well as neighbouring communities – about the Pandoteira project, the project’s actions and what actions are scheduled to take place within the Natura 2000 network in their area.
Apart from the Pandoteira project presentation, our team had the opportunity to inform the local population about the importance of the Natura 2000 network.
In addition, participants were introduced to the concept of clustering and the commonalities and characteristics of the Natura 2000 sites which form their cluster and surround their communities. In more detail, the special characteristics of their cluster were presented, including designating species and habitats of the following Natura 2000 sites:
- “Xeros Potamos”,
- ” Koilada Diarizou”,
- ” Gkremoi Chanoutari” and
- ” Ekboles Potamon Ezousas, Xerou, Kai Diarizou “.
During the event members of the local population expressed their interest in various topics, such as:
- The management of private land within the areas of the Natura 2000 network
- The Management Structures that will be established through the Pandoteira project
- The need to involve the communities in the Management Structures
- The Management Plans and Decrees for the Natura 2000 areas that fall within their communities
The Pandoteira project team will remain in contact with the local communities and provide them with any support they need in their effort to actively participate in the protection of the Natura 2000 network.